Monday, May 6, 2013

My cousin asked me for reading recommendations, having just finished the most recent Anita Blake book by Laurell K. Hamilton and having read The Strain series by Chuck Hogan and Guillermo del Toro.  Here's what I recommended for her:

The new Sookie Stackhouse book will be released tomorrow.  It is the last one of the series (Charlaine Harris announced that last year) and I've got it on pre-order. If you want something that will grab you as much as those books mentioned, I can't recommend highly enough A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. The first of a planned trilogy, the second book is also out (Shadow of Night) and the third is coming out next year, I think. I'm currently reading Joe Hill's NOS4A2 (Joe Hill is Stephen King's son who doesn't use his last name because he wanted to make it on his own) and that one has sucked me in as well in the best possible way.
 

Also, I seriously recommend the Kushiel series - two trilogies beginning with Kushiel's Dart by Jacqueline Carey. She never ceases to amaze and impress me.

No comments: