Sunday, May 20, 2007

The twins next door

I was working out in the front yard today when the 5-year-old twins next door came over to investigate. We were chatting while I dug up weeds and Haley (the shy one) asked "What's your daddy doing?" I smiled at her and said, "Sweetie, he's my husband and I think he's paying bills."

Later I was watering the herb bed in front of my son's bedroom when I squirted him lightly through the screen and he squealed. The girls giggled like mad and Hannah (they daring one) said "Make your brother scream again!" I had to explain that he's my son and I'm his mom.

It's even funnier in hindsight - like they thought I was their age because I was having conversations with them like equals, not talking down to them like kids. They are very fun neighbors to have.

No comments: