Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Damn, it's been a long time since I've had my blog open for business. I was inspired by someone I don't know but have come to admire because I read her entire blog in the past two days and feel like she's a kindred spirit. Thank you, Hollywood Farm Girl, for reminding me of the freedom of writing for oneself.

I started this blog in 2001 because all the cool kids were doing it. I started it as part of a social circle of people that I'm mostly still in touch with online, but now we all meet at our posting board and have pretty much left off the blogging.

I stopped posting in 2006 when I was working for a really repressive, controlling company and feared I would lose my job if they found my blog. I left that job a couple of months later, but never started this up again. Of course I had surgery and spent a lot of last year recovering. I'm recovering in so many ways at this time in my life, maybe I can keep some of my thoughts better ordered here.

So I have returned. Triumphant? Maybe not exhuberantly so, but I have survived my life's changes over the past couple of years and that in itself is a triumph.

1 comment: